Welcome to my blog

Hi All
Welcome to my first ever blog effort. This is where I will be experimenting and making notes of my research for CULLB602C, Wish me Luck!

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Blogging is very new to me and I look forward to learning more and also looking at others blogs. I am sure I will learn much on my blogging journey. Here's hoping!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Gerradine. A journey is sure to have some bumps in the road. Yours, I hope, will be as smooth as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerradine

    Starting something new can be exciting and scarey. Imagine this blog as a sketchpad - it's object is to play with ideas, try things out ... and the more stuff you experiment with the more you learn.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. having some trouble unsure what profile to select to post comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok first hurdle over I had forgotten about the gmail account. So much to learn! I have received some comments from others I now need to work out how to respond. I am really surprised at the world that is opening up for me here. For the moment I am recording my thoughts as they come but I look forward to having something interesting to say and exploring all that is available to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray,

    Don't discount earlier hurdles gerradine, though that may have been one of the first faced relatively solo. You've also created the account, made a first post, created a gadget, joined ning, not to mention used moodle & kept up with studies and family and ...

    And you've already had something interesting to say ... by sharing that hurdle you reminded me (and recorded for posterity your own experience) of those early challenges.

    I suggest no matter what else you look at in the exploring or research part of this unit or others, keep blogging about it all. But then that's because I love the way a blog does so much, it gathers your researches & thoughts in one place, while sharing your learning with friends/colleagues/people you don't even know.

    I have learned via blogs from both experts and complete novices who simply share their latest experiments or passing thoughts.

    And from the few people who comment at my blog, and the statistics I get at MyBlogLog I've discovered many people may have learned from my ponderings and I am not expert at anything.

    Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gerradine, I think you should be able to see my blog now. Not sure what happened but I found it in drafts and then reposted it. Hope you have been able to find time to learn some more things.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am continuing my research on Web 2.0 as part of my personal learning contract. One topic leads to another and the hours tick away time is a problem or rather making time. I need to just have my pages open and perhaps run to them everyone now and then. I am currently copying pieces of information quickly into a word document so I can a get back to it quickly and easily when I am not pushing a swing, cooking, tending to a hurt limb or putting the eyes back on Mr Potato head. The juggling is quite a lot of fun, of course that is when I am not thinking to myself "God give me strength",

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found Google Notebook wonderful for capturing notes from my reading which would then link to the page from which I got it. Unfortunately the widget isn't available anymore.

    I use delicious to tag a page "toread", but I try not to do that very often, because I think I've only looked up that tag once or twice, usually there is too much new coming in to get back to stuff I didn't have time for before.

    ReplyDelete